Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The Work for my Generation
 
I believe the work that needs to be done for my generation to help achieve being leaders is to set good examples. There are so many kids that look up to people in my generation including me. So for us to start being leaders we need to set good examples for those kids. We need to help show them that our actions are good so that when they get our age they're actions are good. We need to help teach them right for wrong and show them to not do stupid things to get introuble and show them how to not fall into peer pressure. Help them become better students whether it's inside or outside the classroom. But most of all show them how to be better people.

3 comments:

  1. I think you've got the right idea. Its really important to set a good example for the next generation. They follow our actions and if we do stupid things chances are they will too. Every kid should have a good role model to look up to. It's never too early to start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is good that you want to set a good example for kids who look up to you. It's cool that you want to be a better person so that you can make an inpact on other people's lives. Good Job Marcum I would like to come back and see what kind of person you are in a couple years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marcum,

    As I read through your 10 posts I noticed that one thing that is very important to you is your relationships with your friends and family. Although you and your mom fight a lot I know you realize how much she cares even when you try to act like the tough guy, your mom and dad I am sure would do anything to ensure your safety and success in life. I also don't think that you are uncontrollable like your one word description but you are more ambitious than anything because when you set your mind to do something you are going to do it, sometimes without thinking about the consequences. When you talked about your ten year plan I was surprised to see how honest you were about your future family. Your wife and kids will be very well taken care of if you keep the mindset you had in that post. Also, it took a lot of courage to admit that sometimes you don't have the courage to do things. You are almost done with HS so keep up the good work and finish strong!

    Mrs. Slagle

    ReplyDelete