Thursday, March 7, 2013

Courage
 
To me courage means doing something for someone or yourself when your scared to do it. Courage is sticking up for yourself and what you believe in even if there may be consequences. You don't have to be some kind of hero to be courageous or try to act like your stronger or better than everyone, because thats not what courage is about. For example, if you see your friends bully a kid and your scared to say something to them about it because your scared they might be stop being your friends and you tell them to stop doing it anyways, then thats courage. Courage help defines a person character it shows that they will make sure thats good is happened over bad. Honestly, there have been times when I have had the oppurtunity to be courageous and I decided not to be. However, there have been other times that I have been very courageous and put my fear behind. This to me is courage.

2 comments:

  1. Jacob, I feel like you and I have the same definition of what courage is. I appreciated the honesty behind your admittance of not always being able to show courage. No one can be courageous all of the time, and it's something that can be difficult to own up to. I'd be interested to know an example of when you showed courage or didn't. Well done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with everything you say. Marcum, your definition of courage was great. I think some people don't feel courageous when they do something like stick up for someone who is being bullied because they lose friends. In all reality though there not true friends. If they were they would never put you in a situation that would make you chose between your friendship and being courageous.

    ReplyDelete