Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Sensory Experience

Hear- 1.)The first time I ever shot a gun, I was 10 years old and my grandpa took me out for target practice using his 30-06. I aimed at the target, pulled the trigger, and a loud ringing noise shot into my ear drums.
- 2.)Everyone was yelling and cheering for me to do it, they were hollering so loud I thought I was going to lose my sense of hearing.
- 3.)The terrible sound of the whistle at the end of football practice let everyone now it was time to run.

Smell- 1.)When the ringing in my ears went away all I could smell was the burnt gunpowder.
-2.)The smell of the lake and all the trees was just so calming.
- 3.)I could smell the sweaty body odor from the other players as they stood next to me on the starting line.


Touch- 1.)I went and picked up the bullet shell and touching it burned my fingers because it was still so hot.
-2.)My feet were starting to hurt because I wasn't wearing shoes on this big rocky cliff.
- 3.) The coach blew the whistle again and we all started sprinting as fast as we could, I could feel my heart rate getting faster and faster.

Sight- 1.)I looked and what I saw was a big whole directly in the middle of the target.
- 2.)I looked down off the bluff and it had to be 50 feet down to the dark cloudy water.
- 3.)As I was running I saw the coaches just relaxing and talking while we had to run our asses off.

Taste- 1.)All I could do now was taste sweet victory.
- 2.)So I jumped and after what felt like an hour of falling I finally hit the water. I sprang up to the surface with the nasty taste of lake water in my mouth, thankful to be alive.
- 3.) Finally we finished running and my mouth was so dry all I could taste was the dirt off of my mouthpiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment